Emily and Mat did it! After 11 glorious years together and moving 2 states they tied the knot and became husband and wife. What a day it was! It started out more awesome than I could have expected. We wound around the hills of Morrison until we came upon this amazing house built into the side of the hill. The views were gorgeous. Emily greeted us at the door with her bright smiling face. As we walked in everyone was so calm and happy. They were all just lounging having a good time. There was no running around or panic, they were just enjoying the day together. There is an obvious reason why all these people are their entourage. They just fit together so well. They are good, kind and just downright fun. It was going to make for a great day!
The girls and us headed to Willow Ridge Manor to finish the details and get Emily into her dress. As soon as we got there everything started sinking in. There were people decorating and dress steaming and of course champagne popping. Emily was still calm and her mom had the biggest smile on her face. I honestly have never seen so much laughing from a bride. She giggled as she got into her gorgeous lace dress and barely broke out of a smile all day. She looked so beautiful with her bohemian vibe. I loved that she mixed the pretty vintage lace with the softness of flowers in her hair and hip bracelet and earrings. It all came together perfectly.
This was the case for her style and the style of the wedding. Emily did pretty much everything for their wedding. They made all the signs and table numbers and name tags. They did all their own bouquets and boutineers. This girl is talented and it showed in a beautiful vintage bohemian wedding. Willow Ridge Manor was the perfect backdrop for such an event. The outdoor location proved perfect to show off Colorado to all their out of town guests and the inside space has a clean crisp vintage feel that went perfectly with Emily’s decor. I just about died when I saw the pie table!
Some of my favorite moments from a wedding are ones that you don’t expect. Here are a couple highlights that made my day and spoke volumes to their light spirits and how great Emily and Mat are:
- The boys in the hammocks, what better way to begin your day. Not to mention we saw their fun side right away
- Emily and her mom sipping out of the same champagne glass. All you need is your mom and a good glass of champagne
- The look Emily gave her dad when she saw him for the first time.
- When the groomsmen lost it as Emily walked down the aisle- it was over for all of us then (especially Mat)
- During portrait time, they just talked and laughed and spent time together. I really barely talked to them… and it was awesome because they were celebrating being married!
- gold “Find your Party Animal” table numbers- enough said
- When the little girl that Emily nannied was signing the guest book and her mom said “Emily was the first person (besides me) that you loved”
The day was so full of love and heartfelt appreciating of each other. It is so cool to see people come together in such a way to celebrate. Emily and Mat have something so worth celebrating. They are best friends first and you can tell they have so much fun together, but their love runs deep. There is a intricate intimacy that you develop after being with someone for so long. When you meet Emily and Mat they still have the excitement and feeling like they just met, but when you really talk to them and spend time with them you see the depth in their relationship. Although Mat was squinting at the sun all day, I don’t believe he could close his eyes when he saw Emily. Their love is perfect!
Congratulations Emily and Mat! I am so happy for you guys!
Thanks to all the awesome vendors!